He’s thinking really hard about it.
Because I had so much fun doing Dark Aislinn’s Shepard quiz, I thought I’d give a bit more description to Alona, since she’s probably the most radically different looking in my head. A whole TWO of my Shepards are Jewish, like moi. =) That would be Jana (my main) and Alona (my first).
Alona Rina Shepard is Polish on her mother’s side and Scottish on her father’s side. Both of her parents met on Mindoir but were born on Earth.
- She has a narrow jaw structure, very feminine.
- Her cheekbones are high and strong.
- Her cheeks are naturally rosy and full without looking plump.
- Her nose is large with a definite downturn, taking after her mother.
- Her mouth is small with full lips.
- Her eyes are average for her Scottish side and are a green-grey like her father.
- Her bros are small, but the brow bones are strong.
- She has a short chin.
- Her forehead is relatively small.
- Her hair is straight and very thick, and it will curl in humidity.
Other than that, she’s shorter than her in-game model, roughly around 5’4”, She used to be nicknamed “Pixie” until Akuze.
And that’s Alona.
For some reason or another I was thinking about all the descriptions of how female Shepard looks in the fanfics that I’ve read.
Some are drop-dead gorgeous, some are tom-boy like, some have a crooked nose, a jaw that’s too large, or small lips. Then they have different hair color and all shades of red, blonde, black, brown. Some are Asian, some are Black and some are White. I even found one that was of Native American descent, which I, personally, found AH. MA. ZING!
SOOOOO… I started thinking about how my femSheps look. Generally they all look like sister’s, but with changes here and there in the game. Then I started thinking about the fictional characters that I’ve written about and put down on paper and how they look inside my head which is different then in game because well, let’s face it, DAII had a better creation system then Mass Effect did.
(This is what happens when DarkAislinn starts thinking, by the way.)
So, what I’m going to do is tag my ME followers and I pose these 10 questions to all of you (keep in mind that this isn’t about how your Shepard looks IN GAME but INSIDE YOUR HEAD)
- Jaw structure - How does it look? Why did you choose it? Does it hold a sentimentality of some sort?
- Cheek bones - High? Low? Protruding? Do you prefer a ‘softer’ look or a more ‘hardened’ one? Why?
- Cheeks - Gaunt? Round? Why?
- Nose - Large? Small? Wide? Thin? Long? Short? Button style? Crooked or broken? Why do you prefer the one you picture? Does it resemble you or someone you care about? Does it add a certain amount of character? If so, why?
- Mouth - Are her lips full or thin? Is she wide mouthed? Does she have buck-teeth? Under-bite? Over-bite?
- Eye shape - Almond? Round? Slanted? Why? (This is just my over curious nature.)
- Brows - Small? Large? Thin? Bushy? Brook Shields like? Why did you imagine those?
- Chin - Wide? Thin? Long? Short?
- Forehead - Can you land a 747 on top on their forehead? Is it Neanderthal-like? Slanted? Protruding? Are their temples pulled in? Why do you like it?
- Hair - Curly? Wavy? Straight? Pulled back? Long? Short? Shaved? Color? Why did you choose that particular style and hair color?
Phew! So, tell me/us/the world!
I’m going to answer these for Jana because it’s a very cool idea to me. Also, give this lady a follow! She’s got a neat Tumblr!
1. Jana has a strong jaw, a bit on the square side. When she’s determined, it looks more square than when she smiles.
2. I would say her cheekbones are pronounced, but not especially high.
3. Her cheeks can be a bit gaunt because she’ll work through meals and carries a bit more muscle on her frame.
4. Her nose is on the small side with a slight upturn and wider nostrils. It was broken in combat once, and it was fixed by an asari doctor.
5. She has a large-ish mouth with a fuller lower lip and a slight underbite from having a broken jaw.
6. Her eyes are round and deep set due to her Middle Eastern heritage. The blue color came from an Ashkenazi European ancestor.
7. Her brows are full but neatly trimmed.
8. Her chin isn’t very long, but it is a bit square. Again, a bit odd from having broken her jaw.
9. Her forehead is rather long, something she usually accented by wearing a topknot until she decided to cut it all off.
10. Originally, Jana kept her hair very long and wore it in a topknot. Out of frustration, she cut it off while incarcerated on Earth and has worn it chin-length since. It’s curly, but time in a helmet and in the drier environment of a spacecraft has left it wavy. The color is a deep chocolate brown.
That was kinda fun. I may describe Alona next.
Adventures in the Mako!
So community, I need your assistance on something, because I’ve hit a wall. I’ve been reading and reading these tutorials on modding, and while I’ve had some working, I’m having trouble changing textures without using texmod. Anyone a pro at it?
So far, I have replaced the ME3 Chakwas hair with ELE08’s Wavy Hair, but can’t seem to get the texture replaced for the life of me.
Edit: If it helps, here’s as far as I’ve gotten with the file: (Link to Dropbox). Please note that Allers hair is already replaced with Brooks’ hair on my version. =)